Cody Wells

Westerns

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Need a little help

Mark Engebretson

Transportation, late 1871, Texas to Virginia. Many of the southern railroads were destroyed in the war and not yet repaired by 1871. For Texas, there were a few lines in East Texas, but not sure any connected much beyond say Louisiana, perhaps Monroe? Hunted the Web but haven't found a lot of useful info ... yet. Many of Texas RRs didn't get runnin' good until the late 1870s, 1880s. That would leave stages, right?

Mark E.

August 30, 2009 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Girl from OZ.

Hello mark, how are you? I was doing some checking on line and came up with a site that I think will help you...It had a detailed map of the TEXAS+Northeastren Railroad published in 1872. Plus numerous other maps.

web page.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov./cgi-bin/map_item.pl

Sure hope it helps you out..nice to meet you.

Suzie

--
September 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark Engebretson

Girl from OZ. at 11:15PM on Sep 02, 2009

Hello mark, how are you? I was doing some checking on line and came up with a site that I think will help you...It had a detailed map of the TEXAS+Northeastren Railroad published in 1872. Plus numerous other maps.

web page.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov./cgi-bin/map_item.pl

Sure hope it helps you out..nice to meet you.

Suzie

Doin' great. Put out a 32-page newspaper today ... pooped, but happy. Thanks for the link! I'll give it a shot. About halfway through "Blood Spirit" and came upon a hiccup, travel to Virginia. Hard to imagine how tough it was to travel in 1871, although people today have a hard time understanding life before Interstates. Thanks so much! And don't be a stranger :)

--
September 3, 2009 at 12:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1547 views - 0 comments
1398 views - 2 comments

Recent Forum Posts

by limeyf over a year ago
by Dave Lewis over a year ago
by Randy Johnson over a year ago

David Whitehead

Black Horse Westerns